Catching Kit by Kay Berrisford - Background and Blurb


Do you like urban paranormal stories? Personally, I’m a big fan of tales set in familiar worlds but with a touch of the supernatural or magic, and of course, a large dose of m/m romance. I love reading them…and writing them too.

So I was thrilled when Love Lane Books gave me the opportunity to revisit the universe I created in Catching Kit, the story of a romance between an elf and an elf catcher, set in an alternative London where elves are (obviously!) real.

In Catching Kit (Underground Elves, Book 1) we meet Kit, an elf—or, an Ethereal Being, as his species are called by humans—searching for a man he can love in a world that misunderstands and rejects him. 

He kindles an unlikely romance with Denny, an Ethereal Being Containment Agent. Denny is supposed to be taking Kit to jail but he ends up trying to protect him. At the end of Catching Kit, Denny and Kit find a way to be together, but their troubles are far from over. Elves are still persecuted, and although originally I wrote an epilogue intended to clear their problems up, I felt that there was still more story to tell.

So onto Underground Elves, Book 2, which I’m busy writing at the moment (well, I’m trying to! What with moving house and starting a new job this summer, real life is currently conspiring against me.) The second book is provisionally titled Alfie’s Game and tells the story of Alfie, a reckless, larger-than-life elf who yearns to be an actor. My original character notes for Alfie said “John Barrowman-meets-Robbie Williams-meets-Laurence Olivier”…then I screamed in horror, and started work on making him all his own. Nobody can be that larger than life.

Alfie hooks up with quiet computer hacker, John, in an “opposites attract” romance, and they join with Kit and Denny in the fight for elf liberation. Though, of course, it’s going to be a bumpy journey, full of peril, love, and dangerous chases through London and the English countryside. So far, it’s been fun to write, and I hope you will enjoy joining us on the ride.

Catching Kit (Underground Elves, Book 1)


Denny is a top secret agent on a mission to protect London from Ethereal Beings – elves – who are seen as dangerous mind-reading parasites who prey on human emotions.

Kit is an elf on the run, misunderstood and persecuted by humans. When Denny catches him, he shatters everything Denny’s been taught about elves. He’s gorgeous and funny and claims he’s been searching a long time for a guy like Denny. He shares Denny's kinks and now he needs Denny's love to survive.

But if Denny doesn't take Kit to jail, he’s in big trouble. Dare Denny break the law and gamble his life to save the Ethereal Being in his bed?

Note: This is a revised version of a previously released title.


Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget